77th Annual MCEC Conference
The 77th Annual MCEC Conference was held on March 1-3, 2017 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We had another successful conference with over 1,100 participants; 4 Wednesday workshops; 120 breakout sessions; and an amazing Honors and Awards celebration.
2017 Conference Program
Marcia Tate's Keynote Handout
Presenter handouts can be found on the conference app – search your app store for: MiCEC Events.
• • • • • • • •
2017-18 MCEC Board of Directors
Election results for open positions on the 2017-18 Board of Directors are:
- Vice-President – Ben Hicks, Charlevoix-Emmet ISD
- Secretary – Mary Bradley, Muskegon Area ISD
- Membership Director – Heather Blankenship, Monroe County ISD
- Member at Large – Candi Bush, Parent/Family Center for Children with Special Care Needs
- Member at Large – Andrea Jasper, Central Michigan University
- Member at Large – Lydia Moore, Oakland Schools
• • • • • • • •
Laurie VanderPloeg is the 2017 CEC President Elect
We are very pleased to announce that Laurie VanderPloeg, former President of Michigan CEC and 2013-14 CASE President is the 2017 President Elect for CEC. She will serve as President of CEC in 2018. Our very proud congratulations to Laurie, who has continued to be an active supporter of Michigan CEC through her service at the national level and in her work as the Director of Special Education for Kent ISD. Laurie will be a Wednesday workshop speaker this year at the 77th Annual Michigan CEC Conference, presenting on "Whatever Happened to Specially Designed Instruction", on Wednesday, March 1, 2017.