Mark Your Calendars!!
76th Annual MCEC Conference
March 2-4, 2016 • Grand Rapids, MI
MCEC looks forward to seeing you in 2016! We are pleased to bring to you:
Wednesday One Day Workshops
• Explicit Instruction - Dr. Anita Archer
• Multi-Tiered System of Supports - Dr. Kathleen Lane
• Engaging Teachers and Learners with the Essential Elements - Dr. Patricia Drake
• Stop Talking and Use the Visuals - Ms. Mary Meldrum & Ms. Allison Geist
Keynote Speaker - Friday, March 4th
• Brad Cohen, 2015 National CEC Keynote Speaker
• Trailer for Front of the Class Movie
State of the State Address - Thursday, March 3rd
• Teri Johnson Chapman, State Director of Special Education
Thursday and Friday Breakout Sessions - March 3rd & 4th
2016 Conference Presenters Application
Call for presentations for the 2016 MCEC Conference will be accepted until 5:00pm December 4, 2015. We are seeking presentations related to Assistive Technology, Behavior, Curriculum, Data Collection, Early Childhood, High Incidence, Instruction, Leadership, Low Incidence, Parents and Families, School Social Work, System Change, and Transition; and ranging in rigor from basic to advanced level of information. As a professional courtesy, reduced rates are given to teams of up to four presenters.
1st Annual Making Mathematics Meaningful Through Collaboration Conference
The Michigan Council for Exceptional Children (MCEC) and the Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics (MCTM), in conjunction with Michigan's Integrated Mathematics Initiative (Mi)^2 held their first annual conference on September 28, 2016. The conference featured a variety of sessions for the day, as well as a Keynote from Karen Karp and the Michigan Department of Education. Stay tuned as we plan for our second annual conference coming up in 2016!
Please direct questions to Kevin Dykema at firstname.lastname@example.org, Joe DeMarsh at email@example.com, or Kate Fanelli at firstname.lastname@example.org